Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hard times...


My Dad doing what he loved.

This was a gift from my Uncle and Aunt, it's a tree ornament(obviously) but it spins around and on the back this is what it says,

God saw him getting tired,
A cure not meant to be
So He wrapped His arms around him
And whispered "Come with me"
makes me cry every time I read it

Don't they just look so in love?

Today would have been my Dad's birthday. He would have been 63. It will be a rough day today. I do have a lot of good memories, and that will help me through. But it's still pretty fresh and I miss him a lot. I have good and bad days, usually it's a song that helps trigger the memories, but mostly I just can't let my mind wander too much. It's just hard to think about, I am really sad that my Dad is gone, but it breaks my heart when I think about my Mom. I know my Dad is in a better place and that he's not suffering anymore, so that's a comfort. But my Mom is struggling every day and I know it will be hard for her. I wish there was more that I could do.

Happy Birthday Dad! I miss you so much!!

1 comment:

Ally said...

Beautiful wedding pic! Jaimie, I'll be thinking of you today. Loves. :)