Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This is my life....

This is sad, but true.....and why I don't get anything done. Add to it that I am feeding a baby several hours a day. Sheesh!


C. A. A. D. D. Recently, I was diagnosed with C. A. A. D. D. - Child Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.

This is how it manifests: I decide to do the laundry. As I start toward the laundry room, I notice that there are cheerios all over the floor and my car keys are in the cereal bowl. I decide to pick up the cheerios before I do the laundry. I lay my car keys down on the counter, put the cheerios in the trash can under the counter, and notice that the trash can is full. So, I decide to take out the trash. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left, my extra checks are in my desk in the office/playroom, so I go to my desk where I find a sippy cup full of juice. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I decide I should put sippy cup in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the sippy cup, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the sippy cup on the counter, and I discover baby wipes that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back in the bathroom, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the wipes back down, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote, one of the kids left it on the kitchen table. I realize that when they go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote as they fight over who lost it, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down, get some paper towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day: the laundry isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm cup of juice sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find the wipes, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired.

8 comments:

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

ya, that pretty much sums it up.

Brimaca said...

I tell Caleb something similar to this all the time!

larshannon said...

That little quip never gets old because it is way too true.

Unknown said...

Amen sister!

Ashleigh said...

sounds very familiar...

Delcie said...

That's pretty much how it is at my house, too! Good luck managing your disorder and let me know if you find a cure!

Rachel said...

Ha, ha! Where can I get pills for this disorder? This is the best post ever, glad it's not just me:-)

Camilla said...

so funny because its so true. some days cory comes home and the house looks worse than when he left. he will aske what i was doing all day... its pretty much like you said!