Monday, January 5, 2009

Blasted binkies!



Don't let the picture fool you. We are not happy campers at this house right now. Sunday afternoon we said "bye, bye" to the binky. It's a new year and we are starting off right. Hannah will turn 18 months this week and it's time that the binky is gone. It should be easy, right? Wrong! She is so hooked on that thing, it's really sad. Nap time is crazy, and bed time is even worse! So we are trying to deal and get through this tough time. Her crying is going to push me over the edge and I hope that I don't cave and give her back the binky :) Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Chels said...

Ugh! I hated taking the binky away! It's so hard. I'll admit I caved with my last one, but we finally did it. She is 2 1/2 and she still will put a binky in her mouth if she finds one at someones house. It's crazy! Good luck!

Katie said...

that's a hard one... good luck!

Dianne said...

Emma was hooked too. We took hers away gradually and cut off the tip a little at a time until it no longer did anything for her and she started handing it back to us, disgusted. it was actually kinda funny. still not exactly an EASY transition though. I'm wishing you "sanity" for the next few weeks! Good luck!

larshannon said...

So will you judge me if I haven't taken the pacifier away from Amy? She is almost 2 and will ask for it by name!

Jaimie said...

Don't worry Laura, I won't judge you :)

Brimaca said...

I wish Libby took a binki! I hate that she sucks her thumb. How am I going to take that away?!