Thursday, December 17, 2009

My sweet baby


my precious gift from God

I can't believe that she is a month old now. The time is sure flying! We have had our struggles, oh wait, we still are struggling :) But we are trying to get it figured out. It was great having Grandma here for three weeks, but we didn't really get a schedule figured out while she was here, so now we get to. My house is a mess and laundry has been piling up, but at least my baby is fed and changed and happy. Oh and the other children too! haha It's definately a challenge having three older kids and a newborn. I never have a minute to myself. The hardest part of the day is after school and homework/dinner time. Fixing dinner while entertaining a 2 year old, while she's crying, "Mommy, I hold you!" I hear that multiple times a day. And they all seem to get hungry at the same time! How does that happen? :) Then Mom gets to eat cold food, since the baby needs to be fed first. Sheesh! Why is it that we suffer through labor, then the complications and pain of breastfeeding, and then it's still a struggle? I know, the kids are supposed to bring us joy, right? I'm trying to stay positive! So, any advice on how you juggle all your kids and get your housework done too? I sure hope I can figure this thing out soon :)

4 comments:

Brimaca said...

From what I've heard you don't! At least while they are so young. But I know it's so hard to let it all go because I can't either! :) Vent vent girl and then call me and let me help you in some way. I'll bring you dinner one of these nights too.

Good luck! She's so pretty and sweet and definately a gift!

Chels said...

She is beautiful!! But 4 kids is a killer! I've finally realized, now that my 4th is 3 :), that you can't get it all done. There is no way! It's getting better now that she's older but having a newborn and 3 others is so, so hard! Like she said above, vent, vent, vent and then just try to enjoy! :D Oh and be grateful that your 2 year old isn't in a half body cast like mine was when my 4th was 6 weeks old! ;)

larshannon said...

What do you mean you can't do it all? ;)

You'll find your pattern and everything will be fine.

Maria said...

Are you kidding me? I can barely juggle 2. All I can say is it does seem to get better as you get into a routine. But good luck! I don't know how moms do it all. I certainly don't. We often have sandwiches for dinner and that's just okay with me. :)