Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Nate got a little spoiled for Father's Day. At least I think it's spoiled since I get the Anniversary/Birthday/Mother's Day celebrations all balled into one, but I'm not complaining, really I'm not :)

We made him a yummy lasagna with garlic bread for dinner. Then Kylan, and I made cookie cake, it was delicious! It probably would have looked better in the picture if I had waited until it cooled completely to frost it, but I was anxious to eat it :)


This may be a new family favorite, it had oreos in it, so who would'nt love it?


The kids colored him a service coupon book.


It turned out cute.


It has coupons for taking out the trash, and helping with yard work too. They were excited to give it to him.

He got an rc Apache helicopter also, which the boys are in love with as well. Then he got some bbq tools, and some clothes. It turned out pretty well.


This was my first Father's Day without my Dad. It was rough, but I tried to make the best of it and send him my own message.


I decided to send my Dad a balloon with my message. It was hard, but I had to do something.


I had to steer clear of the power lines.


It may have ended up in someone else's backyard, but it's the thought that counts, right?

6 comments:

Brimaca said...

Oh it would be hard. Glad you did something though. Maybe it helps in healing?

He was spoiled. So was Caleb. Lucky guys. :)

Dianne said...

I think that was a great idea to send a message. :) ((hugs))

That cake looks de-li-cious! mmm...oreos...

Ally said...

I am a bad wife and went out of town on Father's Day. You did an amazing job, though! I'm sorry you were without your dad this year, but I think the balloon was a sweet gesture, and it's something you can always do with your kids to remember him.

Maria said...

Those coupons are super cute. Good idea sending a balloon and message to your dad. I never would have thought of that.

Unknown said...

Great idea with the balloon. What a great way to remember!

Oh, and now i totally want lasagna!! Dang pregnancy cravings!

Katie said...

I think I'm gonna need that cake recipe!!