Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Poor, poor Caleb

At his last eye appointment, the doctor prescribed a drop for his good eye. It blurs the vision so he won't be able to peek out of the eye patch if he tried. We tried it out on Monday morning and he complained about it being blurry all day. Then we check it this morning and it is still dialated and he says it's still blurry. We only put in one drop yesterday. So today I put a drop in my eye to see if it is different for an adult and how long it lasts. After only a few hours, I was done. It's really annoying not being able to see, dang it! And if I think about it, Caleb really can't see out of his bad eye, so blurring the good eye can't be any fun right? So no wonder the kid is cranky! I had a dumb mommy moment, so I thought I would share it, for a good laugh :) I have been spending most of the day walking around with my one eye closed because it's no fun with it fuzzy. I sure can sympathize with Caleb now, and maybe I won't be so hard on him now.....well, we'll have to see about that. :)

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Poor buddy. I don't think you were dumb. It's good to see their point-of-view (literally in this case).

Dianne said...

Wow. You're brave. I don't think I would have tried the drops. lol. I bet it isn't fun at all. :(