Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break.  We were hoping that it would be all fun and games, but we are still having some fever problems at our house.  But instead of sulking around the whole entire week, we are going camping.  We decided to get out of Midland and check out a place that we have wanted to go to for a while.  On Thursday we are going to Palo Duro Canyon.  It is the Grand Canyon of Texas, at least that's what the website says :)  The pictures they show are beautiful, so I sure hope it will be.  I'm sure it will be better than the brown grass we have around here!  So we are super excited and can't wait to go.  It may be a little cold at night, but we're going to bundle up and play lots of games!  This will be my second camping trip since we moved here and I can probably count on two hands the number of times I have been camping in my life.  Yes, I said life.  My first experience camping was going to Girl's Camp as a young woman.  Isn't that crazy?  My parent's idea of camping was staying in the family cabin, with running water and all the amenities :)  I can actually say that I enjoy camping, it's nice to get in touch with nature.  The only down side to this trip will be no camp fire.  There's a burn ban, so at least we have a camp stove and lots of blankets!  It should be an adventure for sure and we're certainly making some memories!

3 comments:

Maria said...

I hope it's a fun adventure. Have a good time!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

You will love Palo Duro Canyon. It is absolutely beautiful!!

Dianne said...

I'm so jealous! We want to go camping, but since it's still WINTER here we'll have to wait. Not so sure I'll want to go in June, I'm due July 7th. hahaha Have fun!!!