Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Pops!

Today would have been my Dad's 64th birthday. I really miss him! I need to be better about remembering, especially for my kids. Olivia was born after he passed away, so I need to make sure and tell her all about him.
He was the greatest! There is so much that I wish I could have told him, but I didn't get the chance. It's always hard when you live far away from family to keep in touch. You know, out of sight, out of mind. I thought of my family often, I just thought I would have a lot of time with them, so I slacked off. I need to be a better daughter, and sister. Life is full of regrets, but we can't let that get us down. I just need to take the opportunities I have now with the family I have left and make the memories count. I read a thought recently that has stuck with me. It said, "Count your blessings, and make them count." I guess I am a visual learner, because I really like signs, Nate teases me all the time about it. But I'm pretty sure it's always good to have reminders, right? All we can really do is leave a legacy for our own children, I really want to work on that. My Dad did the best he could with what he had. I need to follow that example. I really appreciate all that he did for me, he was a hard worker and always tried to give me everything I could ever want. I was spoiled rotten :) Sorry I am rambling, these thoughts have just been on my mind lately, and it feels really good to get them out in the open! On a brighter note, I do have a lot to be thankful for, I need to always remember that! And I need to go forward, learning from the past, and make a brighter future! Those are my thoughts for today :)

Thanks for beind a great Dad and always being there for me! I love you!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Ramble all you want. It's your blog! :) Loves to you.

Maria said...

I think everyone can use a reminder about being a little better and not taking anyone or anything for granted. Life moves way too quickly. I love how close you were to your dad and how much he loved you.