Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's a new year!

I've been meaning to blog for a long time. I just never seem to make time for it though. Today is as good a time as any, right? It just so happens that I can't sleep, so I might as well write in my journal :) Bing Crosby said it best on White Christmas, "If you're tired and you can't sleep, just count your blessings, instead of sheep, and you'll fall to sleep, counting your blessings!" I love that movie!! Anyway, a lot has been on my mind lately, with the celebration of a New Year there is always time for reflection. I want to write down some resolutions, so maybe I will be more likely to actually do them this year. I will just put down a few, but I have much to improve on :)

1. Get. Organized.
2. Be a better Mommy, be more kind and loving, less yelling.
3. Put more effort into my calling, better planning, more organized, get those boys in gear for getting their Bear badges! Go Scouts! :)
4. Go to the gym at least 3 days a week.
5. Blog at least once a week, probably Sunday.
6. Be a better friend, and keep in better contact with family.
7. Serve others.
8. Make time, and plan for Date night.
9. K.I.S.S keep.it.simple.stupid. A lot of the time I really complicate things for myself :)
10. Make it to the temple at least once a month.

These are probably the hardest ones I want to work on. I'm sure I will come up with more, but now these are here to remind me. I just want to improve, and we can always be better than we were last year, right?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Those are great resolutions! I love KISS!!

Brimaca said...

Wow my goals are somewhat similar. Go us! :)