Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In the downy dumps...

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I feel depressed. It's probably a combination of many things. Probably at the top of the list is the fact that my baby isn't much of a baby anymore. My little itsy bitsy isn't so bitsy. She's growing up way too fast. And I did finally just wean her off of her last feeding, so that's probably the biggest thing that would be wrong with me. My hormones are going crazy! I feel so sad though that I don't have that connection with her anymore. Geez, just typing this is making me blubber! Anyway, then there are the holidays coming up, which are great, but not so great without family. My parents will be coming for Thanksgiving, and I am way excited about that. But who knows when we will see our family again....it's so stinkin expensive to travel so far. Oh how I wish I could move Midland closer to my family. And another thing that's bugging me is deciding on carpet to put in our house. It seems like every sample I bring home has something wrong with it. The ones I like are too expensive and I don't want to just settle for the cheap stuff. Why can't I just find the perfect one? Is that so much to ask? Don't worry about answering, it just feels great to get it out! So that's what is bothering me today, along with other things, but I don't want to be too depressing. On a happier note, it's only a month now until I get to see my parents! Yippee!! I leave you with a couple pics of my little peanut, just to show you how small she really was.


Look how small she was, this was a newborn size dress and she was drowning in it :)


This is her right after her first birthday

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I'm sorry you're so sad! I hope it gets better soon. I know how hard it can be to be away from family. You can call me if you want! I love to chat.

Katie said...

At least your husband didn't abandon you for a whole week and you don't have to booby-trap your house every night! :) let me know about what carpet you choose, we want new carpet too, but don't want to pay an arm and leg either...

Brimaca said...

I felt the same way when I weened M. I was so sad. I remember her that little! That's when I met her. She is so so cute.