Monday, November 30, 2009

My little sweetie



Olivia is such a sweetheart. She has been a great baby so far. We have been through a lot together. There has been some issues with feeding and she has been a trooper. We've made it through blisters, cracks, and lots and lots of tears. Oh and a case of mastitis. But we are getting by, thank goodness for technology and the breast pump! She has had to go from breast to bottle and back again and she is so laid back that she doesn't even mind. She even had a couple of stinky formula bottles and drank them like a good girl :) She is sleeping great, she usually will go 3-5 hours between feedings. And has gone a couple nights for 7 hours straight. She is also a very vocal baby, more than my others. She makes the usual newborn noises, but she also does what I like to call humming, or singing. When she's fed and happy, she sits and hums, it is too cute!

The other kids really love her. Kylan likes to hold her and rub her head. Caleb likes to show her off and give her kisses. Hannah likes her a little too much sometimes, she tries to play with her when she's sleeping and give her the binky. But then she'll tell me to put Olivia down when I'm holding her and Hannah wants to be held :) It should be interesting once we find a schedule and it gets back to normal. It has been great to have Grandma here helping out. I couldn't do it without her! And Nate has been helping out a lot too, he does laundry and has been cooking for us too! I have a great husband!!

4 comments:

larshannon said...

Mastitis is awful. I'm really sorry you got that too. Hope things are looking up. I can't wait to see that little one again. Cutie, cutie.

Ally said...

Jaimie, you are a trooper! What a tough time you guys have had (with 3 other ones to take care of!)...I'm glad you are on the up and up. Please let me know how I can help!

Brimaca said...

Oh I hate mastitis! I also dislike that first few weeks of feeding. You sound so positive! You're awesome and I can't wait to meet her!

Andy and Adrienne Bass said...

Olivia is such a cuite! Hope things start going better soon! I hate nursing problems! You guys are all even with the two boys two girls thing. We can only do boys apparently . . .