Friday, November 20, 2009

The new arrival....


the pretty girl

On the way home

the proud papa

Big Brother #1

The Big Sister

Big Brother #2

Scrunchie face

Mom and the babe

The adventure begins.....We had our baby. Olivia Kathleen Shaw was born on November 17, 2009. She was 10 days early. She was born at 12:19pm and weighed 7 lbs even. She's 19 1/2 inches long. It all went pretty fast. I woke up on Tuesday morning and started having contractions at 6am. They were getting closer together by 9am, so I called Nate to come get me. We got to the hospital and in a room by 10am and when the nurse checked me I was a 4. At my last appointment I had been a 2 and that was the last Tuesday. So I had made some progress :) Well back to the story, I decided to wimp out and get the epidural, but she said it would be an hour, yikes! So an hour later I get it, she checked me right after and I was an 8. And since I had dilated so fast, my blood pressure was low so I had to be put on oxygen. Well, that just made me emotional since my Dad had just passed away and was on oxygen the last few months of his life. So both the nurse and the doctor were asking me if I was in pain, I just explained that I was just crying about my Dad. Anyway, it was just over an hour later that she was born. So it's been a whirlwind for the last few days. We are adjusting to having her here and she is such a cutie that we like having her around. We are glad that she came for an early visit! I can eat whatever I want for Thanksgiving now that my tummy isn't overcrowded :)

10 comments:

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went smoothly! She is adorable and you have some proud big brothers and big sister for that new little one. Let us know if you need anything!

Dianne said...

She's very cute. I'm glad all went well and she has such a wonderful family to welcome her!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is adorable. I still can't believe you have four! You are such a good mommy.

Elsha said...

Congratulations!!

Katie said...

She's beautiful! Congrats on the new addition...

Brimaca said...

She's gorgeous. I got tingles reading this. It makes me excited to have another one hopefully sooner rather than later. I can't wait to snuggle. :) How's Hannah adjusting?

Ally said...

It's unanimous...she is a beauty! Thanks for letting us come see her yesterday. We are here to help, so PLEASE let us know how we can.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

James, Congrats!! She is so cute! that is great you got to have her a bit early. Always a good thing. glad all went well, have fun not getting any sleep for a while. I'm so happy for you and Nate. Tell Nate I said hi and congrats!

sarah said...

Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful! That will be so fun for Hannah to have a sister.

Maria said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby girl! I am so happy for you!