Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The big spill...




The other night Kylan was messing around on the couch. He fell off and landed on his ear on a wooden chair. The poor thing was crying for 20 minutes straight. You can't really see it in the picture, but the red part on the ear is now purple. And luckily the bump behind the ear went down and only left a little scab. I guess I should learn to put things away as soon as possible. The chair was left over from having a quilt up. I took it down because I haven't worked on it since I have been sick with the pregnancy. I just hadn't felt good enough to put the chairs away and that just happened to be what he fell on! Dang it! At least kids bounce back fast :) And now he has a battle wound to show off.

2 comments:

Maria said...

If he's like my kids, it doesn't matter if you put stuff away or not. My kids will find something to fall into and get hurt. There's really no such thing as kid-proofing around here. It's good that they're made to bounce back like you said though or we'd all be in trouble. They get hurt millions of times before they grow up. Poor little things!

Steph said...

Not your fault! Kids that age are magnets for falls.
My kids were always sporting the "perma bruise". You know the big long line of bruises on the forhead that never go away? We like to walk into walls.