Saturday, April 11, 2009

Long awaited update...

HA! Well at least, since this is my journal now, I should write about Caleb's eye issue :) We went to Lubbock and met with the new doctor and it turned out great! He was more informative than any of the others and really seemed to want to help us. He does have a lazy eye, and is really near sighted in that eye. Which is why his eye wanders, his brain is shutting it down because of him not being able to use it. So he got a new prescription and we are trying some atrophine drops instead of the patching. So he gets one drop in the good eye to blur it and then there is no fighting over the patch. It has been great so far! If he fights me on the eye drop, I just ask him if he wants to wear the patch and he gives in, it's fabulous! We'll be going back in 6 weeks to see if there has been any change. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

Yay for no eye patch!!!! I could never believe he kept it on as well as he did.

Maria said...

At least some good news finally. I hope it works!