Sunday, March 29, 2009

Funny story...

So those of you who were at church heard that I got some new callings. I am a nursery leader and Activities committee member. Well after church I went to get set apart by the Bishop and Brother Dent. After it was over we were visiting about the kids (they were pretty noisy) and Bishop asked me a funny question. He said, "Are you guys going to have any more kids?" and I said, "Yeah, we will." So then he says, "When?" So of course, I blush and wonder what to say. Little did he know I had just taken a test this last week, and we are pregnant! So I told him, "Well in about 8 months!" I should have added the disclaimer that we weren't announcing quite yet, but hey! So the first lucky soul that was told was Laura, who just happened to be sticking around the church. She was suprised to hear the news from the Bishop and tried to plead my case that we weren't sharing, which Bishop assured her that we were since I had just told him (Huh?) So now you know! The baby is due at the end of November. It's still early yet and I was hoping to wait until I was past the scary part to share, but oh well. If you can't beat em, join em! Right?

14 comments:

Elsha said...

Congratulations! And now you know to be careful what you tell the bishop:)

sarah said...

Congratulations! I hope it's another red head your kids are the cutest! Thank you for your sweet comment you left me.

Brimaca said...

LOL. Gotta love our Bishop. I'm excited for you. I love new babies!

Katie said...

Congrats!!!

larshannon said...

I tried, really I did.

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is like when our bishop announced in sacrament meeting that we were engaged. I turned to Jared and said, "oh, really?" He proposed the next day.

Maria said...

Wow, congratulations! That sounds like something our Bishop would do. So funny!

Rachel said...

That is a funny story and wonderful news. I was just going to thank you for Katelyn's bow holder but now I'll wish you CONGRATULATIONS! I don't know if you get sick like me, but let me know if you need anything:-)

Steph said...

Congrats!

Dianne said...

That's very exciting! Good 'ol Bishop. lol Congratulations!

Ashleigh said...

i'm so excited for you guys!

Ally said...

Yay! I am in no way surprised at your story... :) Congrats!!!!

The Nielsons and The Wilcken said...

Does that mean that Aubs has something to tell me?!?! Congrats!

Andy and Adrienne Bass said...

I KNEW IT!! Congratulations! Maybe another girl so Hannah can have a buddy! Your comment on Facebook was my first tip off! Is that the same Bishop we had when we lived there? Funny. Guess what? We live in Houston now! I know, I know, we move WAY too much! If you ever need a vacation, we will accommodate! (we don't have a house yet, still waiting to sell in Cortez). I can't believe I am doing this agaiN!