Monday, March 30, 2009

AAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I just had to let that out :) I am so stinkin frustrated with Caleb's eye doctor. I'll try not to make this too long but I will explain a little so you can see where I'm coming from. When Caleb was about a year we noticed that his right eye would wander. So as it got worse we took him in to the eye doctor, which we were referred to by our pediatrician. So we go to the first appointment(he's not quite 2 yet.) And instead of seeing the doctor, we get some assistant or who knows, she never told us her name and didn't speak english very well. So she checks his eye and gives us the prescription for a -10 for the bad eye and nothing for the other(that's almost legally blind!). So we get the glasses, which come three days after I had Hannah(three weeks early!) so that was fun. We had to put an eye patch on the good eye for 6 hours a day. That was pure torture! He took that patch off so many times a day, we went through a box a day, almost. Anyway, so we go back in for a check up and the doctor changes his prescription....totally changes it. Now it's a +1 in the left eye and nothing in the bad one! WHAT! So with me having great eyes and knowing nothing of prescriptions, I got it filled. So we had to pay out of pocket for that lense and we went back to check with the doc because Nate had some questions for him. And this is when he refers us to a pediatric opthamologist. Um....that would have been helpful a long time ago! So we go and yada, yada, yada....We are still getting the run around. But now we are down to only patching for 3 hours a day. And the kid has broken his glasses, but it's just the side without the prescription so we have just glued, and glued, and glued the lense in mutiple times. Because for some reason, glue does not hold glass to metal...hmmmm.....go figure. So at his last appointment the doctor checks his eye and says that we just need to get the right prescription for him(which he had referred us to a regular eye doc to get) and we're like....huh? "I thought that's why we came to you?" And he's like...."I'm just checking out the muscle control," and we're like, "huh again?" So now we're supposed to pay for another appointment to find out the prescription? Hello? So now I have made an appointment with another pediatric doc that is in lubbock and luckily we got in right away. I want a second oppinion. We go on wednesday, april fool's so I hope it'll mean that they will be nothing but truthful with us and not send us all over. Please people just fix my kids eye, I don't care what you have to do! Yikes! I'm sorry this is so long, I just have to vent somewhere :)

7 comments:

Maria said...

How frustrating! I would be so mad! Good luck with all of the appointments. I can so relate right now.

Brimaca said...

Grrrr. Doctors here have been at the top of the list of things I dislike about TX.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! How frustrating! I hope they figure it out this time!

Steph said...

My sis in law went to a doc that accidentally prescribed the exact opposite RX for her glasses. When she complained that they were blurry he told her to wear them for two weeks so she coud get used to them. When she figured out his mistake he wouldn't admit he was wrong. He instead claimed that in on week her RX had changed from near sighted to the exact opposite for a far sighted person. What a dope! Sometimes getting the right doc can be frustrating. Hang in there!

larshannon said...

Good luck tomorrow.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

HA! I have a lazy eye so I am very familiary with crazy prescriptions. I don't know if you ever saw me wear glasses but they are pretty crazy. I didn't however get diagnosed early enough to do surgery or anything to repair it becuase it didn't wander, so I am a +7 in my left eye (which cannot be corrected to 20/20) and a +5 in the right. With contacts I ccan almost see through things!! So, long story, good luck, it will be fine.

ALso, CONGRATS!!I just saw the baby ticker! You rock girl! oh, and you too Nate!

chrissy said...

Wow, nothing is worse than not knowing. I hope this last doctor earned his degree and does it right. Make them explain it, make them earn their money!!! That's just what I would do, or tell other people I would do, but really I probably wouldnt.