Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Emotional roller coaster...

Well my Dad has been in the hospital for a few weeks now. He has interstitial lung disease and is having some problems. When we were there, he was just on oxygen at night. Once we left, he went to needing it 24/7. He couldn't even walk from the kitchen table, to the kitchen sink without his oxygen level dropping to a 70, which is really low. So his doctor admitted him to the hospital and he's been there for a while. He'll be there for a couple more days and then they will be moving him to a care facility until he can get a lung transplant. Who knows how long he'll be there though. It's been pretty crazy because the doctors don't know why his situation changed so fast. Right now he has a viral infection, he's been getting some steroid shots and who knows what else. It's definately been a roller coaster, with many ups and downs. I may need to go to Utah soon, but hopefully not. I keep praying for him and I wish I could fast :) I've never felt more helpless in my life! Sheesh! That's about all there is to share about that, and I better wrap it up before I make myself cry.

8 comments:

larshannon said...

So they decided on the care facility then? I'm sorry he isn't well. I will be happy to help with whatever you need. Dinner's on me, Thursday!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Jamie, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We'll make sure to add him to our daily prayers. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Katie said...

Sorry to hear that...hope he gets better soon!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I hope things change for the better soon and he is able to get a transplant. Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

sarah said...

I'm so sorry. Let me know if I can help out in anyway. I'll keep you in our prayers. Take care

Steph said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Hang in there!

Just a ranch girl said...

I will keep you all in my prayers!!
Shauna

Andy and Adrienne Bass said...

Hey! We are thinking about you and hope things are better by the time you get this note.