Monday, August 24, 2009

It's official...







Today is Kylan's first day of first grade. Let's hope he won't need first aid! Sorry, you gotta know the song :) Anywho....I am handling it fairly well, I haven't burst into tears yet, which is great since I am pregnant and usually cry over simple things. Man! I am a mess :) We're hoping for a great year and his teacher, Mrs. Davis seems really nice. He was excited for school this morning, I don't know if it was just because he was taking his lunch this year instead of having hot lunch. Maybe he was looking forward to the school part too, who knows! I guess we'll see how it goes. I have pics too, but I'll post them later.

On a side note, in case any of you hear or wonder if I am going to Utah, I'm not. I have thought long and hard, and prayed about it, and I don't feel an urgent need to go right now. It may change though, but we shall see. So far my Dad is doing alright. He's still in the rehab center and they are trying to get him to the point where he is well enough to go home to wait for the lung transplant. But that won't be any time soon, it takes 8 months for all the testing and then he'll get on the list to wait for who knows how long. It's just a waiting game. But I will definately be asking for help if and when I do go for a visit. I think, for now, I have decided that I will wait until the baby gets here and then I can take the baby for a visit with Grandpa. My Dad won't be coming for a visit for a very long time.

Caleb is excited for preschool also. He was wearing his new school shoes this morning when I got back from dropping Kylan off to school. He was still in his pj's, with shoes and socks on. He's too funny! And he keeps asking me when he gets to go to school. I guess he's already sick of me :) It will be fun for him, but hard on me. We'll cross that bridge when we get there! It's good I still have a week left with him!

2 comments:

Brimaca said...

I hope your dad gets better! I'm so sorry.

And yay for the boys for school. It does make us sad to have them grow up!

larshannon said...

Are you doing ok with the 1st grader thing? It really is a good thing for them to grow up even if it is hard to watch.

You know that I am more than happy to be put on your list of people to call should you need to be in Utah.