Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blessings in disguise

I just want to thank everyone who has given me support these last few days. It has really helped, it's been an escape to come on-line and read blogs or comments on facebook. It has definately been a struggle, but we are pluggin away. I love hearing that my children are being good for those who volunteered to watch them. It has been a blessing.

Another blessing is that now that I look back, I think my Mom was being prepped for this to happen. The surgeon told us on the day that he died, that he would not have made it very much longer with his own lungs. The lung transplant was his only chance. He actually said that he may have lasted a week, maybe a month. At least my Dad was already sedated and most likely didn't feel much pain. He suffered for a long time, even probably longer than we realized. He wasn't one to complain much, and when he did start saying he was in pain, it was probably worse than he let on. He wouldn't even take any pain medicine, even at the hospital. At least he still had his sense of humor, he was always good for a laugh.

I will really miss him, but at least I know that he's in a better place. Heck, he's probably trying to talk someone into letting him go golfing :) It's hard knowing he wasn't religious, but he told me that he was praying, at least it was a start, right? He was a good man and would do anything for anyone. He touched a lot of lives and left a great legacy! At least I can keep his memory alive through stories and pictures for his grandkids.

1 comment:

Brimaca said...

I'm glad you are seeing the blessings through all the pain. And I'm sure many more blessings will follow.