Friday, September 18, 2009

I am doing it!

So I finally decided that I am going to go see my dad.

I've got my flight all squared away and now I need to work on the, "who's watching my kids" part. I have some great people who have offered to help out and hopefully it will all work out with their schedules too. I guess we'll see. I do feel really good about having the plane ticket and the fact that I am going to spend some good quality time with him......

I just feel really bad about leaving my kids for so long. I will be gone for a whole week and two days. Part of that is over the weekend, so my husband will be in charge then. And luckily two of the three kids have school, so it won't be too much of a burden. Maybe.

I also feel really good about going because my mom needs me and she is really excited for me to come. I'm hoping to be able to cook up a storm for them and freeze a bunch of stuff so they'll not be eating fast food all the time. It's good to know I'm good for something :) At least they like my cooking!

It should be an adventure for sure, for me and for the people who will be helping out with my kiddos :)

At least they are all somewhat independant. I mean, they can feed themselves after the food is in front of them :) haha I guess I'll be freezing meals for my own family in the next week! I can't let them live off of mac n cheese the whole time, they already did that while their dad was away for two weeks!

Anyway, I just feel that I need to go spend time with my dad, since he'll be having the lung transplant sometime soon and who knows what will happen after that. This will be the only chance to go have one on one time with him. I can't remember the last time that happened, probably before I was married. So here goes nothing!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Put me on the list of people to watch your kids:-)

Maria said...

It's great that you're coming out to see him. We mothers worry way too much about our kids, but they usually do great and enjoy the change of pace a bit. Try not to stress and just enjoy the time with your parents. Want to come freeze a few meals for me while you're at it? ;o) Just kidding.

Brimaca said...

I can help if you need me! I'll watch them for sure.

Steph said...

Have fun! I wish I could help! I am banned from most kids.
Be sure to make your famous lasagna! It's the best!

larshannon said...

I've got all the Tuesdays and Thursdays covered for Caleb. Plus at least one day with both Hannah and Caleb