Friday, September 18, 2009

A perk of parenting...

Last week, when I went to pick Caleb up from preschool. The director of his program was in his class, just checking things out I guess. Well, she stepped up to me and said, "This guys teachers say he is the little gentleman." At first I was shocked, so I said, "Well at least he's learning something, right?" She just laughed and said, "It's always nice to hear those things as a parent." So I thanked her and tried to wrangle the kids down to the car. The funny part is as soon as Caleb was out the classroom door, he was booking it down the hall. Then after many reminders of not running inside the building, he and Ian went running down another hall. My little gentleman sure likes to push his mommy's buttons! :) It was short lived, but at least I had a parenting high for about 5 seconds. At least I have the memory of it, right? It wasn't just a dream! haha

3 comments:

Maria said...

I can totally relate. Dylan is the best kid at school and whenever I have asked his teachers (preschool and kindergarten) how he's doing they both reassured me he is smart, polite, listens well and gets along well with others. Okay, so it's just me then. Good to know. :)

Brimaca said...

LOL. That's great though. I always hope my kids are better for others than for me.

larshannon said...

Sorry Ian convinced your well mannered son to run away. What a bad influence. I'd definitely take that as a compliment. I've never gotten one from the preschool...