Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Best buds 4 ever

Or at least every other day. These two are too funny. They had a play date on Monday and it had been a few days since they had played together. So you'd think they'd be so nice to each other, right? Well I was doing the dishes in the kitchen(duh?) and I hear Ian crying. It's not just a, "he took my toy" cry, it's a, "I'm hurt!" cry. so I run in there and find them both holding onto the skin of each other's throats! Yes, they both had some marks left over from that. I take them both into the other room and they had a time out. Ian did not like it one bit, he was crying the whole time, it was the breath in between each word sobbing ...I...want....My......Mommy! I did feel bad for him though since Caleb does that neck pinch thing on me every day. So I let them cool off for a bit, then I remind them that it's not okay to pinch or hit and that we need to be nice to our friends. It took some hotdogs, chips, and fruit snacks to smooth things over, but I think it turned out alright. By the end of the play date, Ian didn't want to go home, so are they still friends? I guess we'll see what the next play date is like :)

3 comments:

Dianne said...

yikes! they're boys. that's what they do, right? fight and forget about it? they'll be best of buds in no time.

Katie said...

fruit snacks do the trick every time! ;)

Steph said...

Two peas in a pod...