Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Why do I bother....

So today I decide to be a nice mom and take my kids to the storytime at Barnes and Noble. We even go early so Caleb can play with the trains for a bit before it starts. It actually went well for a little while, until the stories started :) Caleb and Hannah could not sit still. They were all over the place. I lost count of how many times I had to go looking for Hannah throughout the whole store. And Caleb at least waited until the end to go running off through the store. Sheesh! Being a mother is such a thankless job! The sad part is that I will probably torture myself again soon since I need to get myself and my kids out to socialize once in a while. Yikes! :)

4 comments:

larshannon said...

Sorry, I know Ian and Amy weren't helping your kids pull off the perfect angels act!

Dianne said...

I completely understand. It seems like I as myself the same question nearly every time we leave the house. I'm sorry it was a rough day.

Brimaca said...

One time Caleb and I left with both kids screaming from Barnes and Noble. We both just about lost it in front of everyone. I hate days like that!

Steph said...

I agree. We don't bother with story time. None of my kids like it and I figured out why. If you can't sit in the reader's lap, ask questions on every page and have complete undivided attention it just isn't worth sitting still for!